Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher Lonely Planet Antarctica is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spot penguins tobogganing along the ice, venture to the geographic South Pole, or cruise between the towering cliffs and looming icebergs of Lemaire Channel; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Antarctica and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Antarctica Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, expeditions, aviators, environment, politics, geology, ecosystems, and wildlife
- Over 18 maps
- Useful features - including Top Experiences, Planning Your Antarctic Adventure, and Icebergs & Glaciers
- Coverage of the South Pole, the Antarctic Peninsula, Ross Ice Shelf, Lemaire Channel, Deception Island, Cuverville Island, Cape Royds, Cape Denison, Cape Evans, Port Lockroy, Paradise Harbor, and more Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Alexis Averbuck.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in. TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category 'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times 'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands.